The Dillenger Electric Bike (Street Legal) conversion kit is actually just a rebranded Bafang C965 LCD display unit so we can use the same methods to further tweak the behaviour of the speed controller.
If you are familiar with entering the primary settings menu, then you may not be aware that there is a secondary password protected settings menu where you can tweak various other settings.
- Press and hold the + and – keys simultaneously for 2 seconds then let go to enter the basic settings menu.
- Press and hold the + and – keys simultaneously again for 2 seconds to enter the password screen.
- The password pin code is: 0512
To enter the password, press the + and – keys to cycle through digits and when the correct digit is selected press the (power) key to progress to the next position.
Once you are inside the secondary settings menu there is a range of settings available including the speed limit and power assist level:
- Wheel size (16/18/20/22/24/26/27(700C)/28/29)
- Speed limit (1 – 99km/hour)
- Pedal Assist Sensor
Simply use the + and – keys to cycle through the current settings options and then press the (power) button to advance to the next option.
You can adjust the speed limit to suit your own needs, and also try different PAS (Pedal Assist) levels if you so desire. 0-9 should provide the most assistance.